Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sodom and Gomorrah

I'm in a busy dim lighted city crowded with thousands of people walking around hastily minding their own business. Most of the inhabitant there wears dark coloured jackets namely gray, brown and black. I am standing in front of a partly glass-made double story metro station and it is somewhere in the afternoon. It feels weird and a little uneasy since I can't see the sun in the afternoon, the lighting at the time is more suited for sometimes like 7 p.m.

As I walk through the city towards the metro station I found a friend of mine, Mr.Lee. In contrast to the other thousands of people around, he is wearing a white t-shirt. He is standing there looking upwards with a piece of map on his hands. I approached him and gaze upon the direction he looked and saw a huge shadow of a stationary airplane on the sky. I stare at it for quite sometime and realize that there's something wrong about it. The sky have no clouds at all and it doesn't resembles the sky I know in real life and how the hell a commercial airplane remains stationary in the sky?

Mr.Lee then told me what has happened and tt seems that there are two layers of glass with water in between separating the top and the bottom of the city. Afterwards I make a promise to myself that I'm going to go to the top of the city to see what it is like. With my neck soring from the gaze, I give a pat in the shoulder of my friend and suggest him to move on. We both walk for a distance before reaching the doorstep of a 7-11 where I wanted to stop by. On the doorstep, I hears a familliar voice calling me "Kam Tze!" from behind. I startled and I turned around to find out the who is the owner of this familliar voice. No one I know can be seen and I resume to buying stuffs from the mart.

As I enter the 7-11 I notice that the store too is dimly lighted, some of the lights are barely working, some not working at all and there seems to be very little stock in everything. I picked up a box of tic-tac as my friend browse for stuffs he wants when suddenly someone tap my shoulder from my back calling me "Kam Tze" again with the same familliar voice. I quickly turn around and notices that the owner of the voice was Ms.Yip with her new hairstlye dyed dark red. She then proceeds to say something to me which I can't hear her and left to shop.

I then proceed to the back of the shop for some coke when suddenly I realize another Mr.Lee is standing in the dark, he too is wearing white shirt. I remembered he went abroad and I stayed and chat a few with him. Afterwards I approached the fridge and when I reached for the bottle of coke, I hear a loud bang from outside. The ground shakes violently and from the sound of it, it seems that the city above were falling down to the crumbling city where I am. I panicked and runs outside. Looking at the city above falling down inevitably crushing all of us I heard a loud bark. Then I woke up from the noise of Whisky's barking.

1 comment: