Thursday, March 10, 2011

(Wings) 9th March 2011

I was standing on a pavement near my college in a warm morning in the dream. Everything is just like normal, hawker selling foods, traffic jam and students walking around. I'm talking with my lecturer about my absence yesterday. "Nah, I'm not sick. I'm just being lazy" I told my lecturer half smiling and my lecturer give me a half frustrated and shock look in his face. All of a sudden I feel an intense pain from my back and everything around me becomes slow motion as the adrenaline kicks in. Something broke out from my skin then and I realized that I grew a pair of wings, some eagle-like wings. "What the heck is happening? Am I dreaming?" I thought to myself overwhelmingly.

I try to take a glimpse of my wings and as I turn my head I realize that passerbys are as shocked as I am. Their eyebrows raised and eyeballs popping having seeing something so unbelievable. Later then people started screaming and treating me like a freak, a demon incarnate. I saw some students started taking pictures of me while a handful started calling police. Some began throwing stones at me as I cower from the stones and taking cover under my wings. Shortly afterwards, the police arrive pointing heir guns at me.

I panickly run away from the police and they started shooting at me. I tried to fly using me newly formed wings but to no avail. I can't balance as I leave the ground and I almost fall off as the police is closing in. I try my best to synchronize both wings as the police started pointing their guns at me again while shouting me their last warning. Then, I began to fly away to the roof of a nearby building. I crash landed on the roof. There, I give myself some private time to think what should I do and what just happened as the sound of siren echoes from the concrete walls.

I figure that if I am to just wait there on the roof, the police will come and get me sooner or later. I summoned all my will and courage to fly away again to my safety as I step towards the ledge, looking downwards to the road. The cars are the size of a matchbox from there as I gulp in fear. Nevertheless, I jumped and spread my wings and then.... I woke up....

1 comment: