Wednesday, December 8, 2010

8th of December (Hotel California)

I was driving my old piece of junk on a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair. Up ahead in the distance, I saw some shimmering lights, my head grew heavy and my sight grew dim... I had to stop for the night. There she stood in the counter, I heard the mission bell and I was thinking to myself this could be heaven or this could be hell... Then, I walked up to talk to her since she looked very familliar but not familliar enough to make out who she was... I think I knew her, yeah I'm pretty sure I knew her but I don't know who she is lol. We talked a bit and shared some stories a bit, it felt like we haven't been talking like this for so long. I excused myself later as it's getting late then I woke up in the middle of the night for a few minutes before falling asleep again.

Once again I drove my old piece of junk to the cowboy-ish restaurant/bar to find the gal. She's nowhere to be seen as I stepped through the wooden door. I asked the bartender of her whereabouts and he brings me bad news. He said that she was dead caught in a gunfire yesterday. I sat at the counter and I called up the captain "Please bring me my wine". Then he said "We haven't had that spirit here since 1969". So, I'm stuck there drinking something other than that spirit they don't have since 1969.

I looked around and was shocked to find the gal's ghost hanging around next to me. It seems that the other patrons can't see her since they're not freaked out by a ghost in a restaurant. She approached me and we talked further. I must've looked like a psycho talking to thin air that time... After awhile, she looked at her watch and told me that she need to go. She rushed through the wooden door that I came in and I tried following. The door was locked and all I can see is her going straight and vanishing into the rain. The door unlocked after she vanished and I rushed outside. There were nothing other than me, my car and the rain. I stood in the rain hoping that the rain will wash away these memories when suddenly the roaring thunder woke me up from my dream.

1 comment: